Blawnox VFC Blawnox VFC
Blawnox VFC
History
The Blawnox-Glenover Volunteer Fire Company was formed on February 6, 1921, following a fire at a store on 3rd Street in Hoboken. Mr. Warne Repine, then station master at Parkview (workhouse stop), and Justice of the Peace, sent an application to Harrisburg for charter of the department. The charter was granted on March 6, 1922. The first Blawnox Fire Station was donated by the Blaw-Knox Company and was located on Blaw Avenue across from the Company Office. This station was equipped with a pot bellied stove, pool table, a few chairs and a small table used for business. The new fire department was able to purchase old army raincoats and oil skin hats. Their first dress uniform consisted of white duck trousers, white shirts, black bow ties and railroad conductor’s hat with a fire badge on it. Due to the fact the motor in the first truck was not strong enough to pull it up Blaw Avenue with men riding on it, a rule was made and no fireman, except the driver, were permitted to get on the truck before it reached Freeport Road. The remaining firemen pushed it up the hill and then mounted the truck. The first major fire in Blawnox was on Freeport Road at Center Avenue. It was a store owned and operated by David “Daddy” Lang.
Home | Photos  | Calls  | Equipment  | Water Rescue  | History  |  Fundraisers
Members  | News  | Patch Trade  | Contact Us | Volunteer  | Donations  | Links

376 Freeport Road Blawnox, PA 15238
Emergency Dispatch Phone: 911    Business Phone/Fax: 412-828-6380

web counter

All Contents ©
2017 Blawnox-Glenover Volunteer Fire Company
Website Design & hosting creating and donated by
ISM Internet Services